How to set up Office 365 / Student Mail
Unlock Office 365
WU uses Microsoft’s cloud service, Office 365, to provide its students e-mail accounts. We recommend that you unlock the full functionality of MS Office 365 as this includes the following services, which you might want to use during your learning journey at the Executive Academy:
- Skype for Business
Please activate your Teams account (Office 365) as described below:
- Visit WU’s Controlpanel application.
- Click on “My email” > “Configure Office365”.
- There you have to read the Office365 disclaimer and click on the checkbox next to “I have read the Office365 disclaimer and accept” and submit it.
- Finally, you have to choose “Full functionality (E-Mail, Skype4Business, Teams, Sharepoint, Yammer, Onedrive)” and submit it again.
Only after activating your WU account will you be able to log on to Teams.
Please note: the activation can take up to 24 hours. After this period you can log in to Microsoft Teams with your WU account.
If your activation is missing and you try to log in to Teams, you will see a message:
For instructions how to install MS Teams on your device
1. Go to Install Office and select Office 365 apps:
2. Select Save File:
Managing your student e-mail
You received a name-based address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org that will serve as your primary email address. In addition to that, you have a standard e-mail address created automatically in the format h+student-ID@wu.ac.at (e.g. email@example.com).
Accessing your e-mails
You can access Outlook Web App through your browser to read and send e-mails.
To log in, enter your username “h+student-ID” (e.g. h1123456) and use your WU account password.
We recommend setting up your Student E-Mail to one of your private devices (e.g. mobile phone, tablet, notebook) using Exchange!
Setting up your student e-mail on a privat device
Find important manuals below: